Society for Book and Magazine Editors of Nigeria is an educational and professional association that represents and supports editorial professionals such as editors, proofreaders, indexers, translators and graphic designers in the publishing industry. It is also extended to professionals who work in technical publications, broadcasting, digital media, legal services, communications, public relations and academia.
Furthermore, the association aims to serve as a standards-setting organisation by promoting editorial excellence and professionalism in the industry through guidance in global best practices and knowledge partnerships with experts from around the world.
SBMEN provides training and resources, performance assessment activities, advisory services, networking events and a directory with job listings to increase proficiency in editing and advance the careers and businesses of members.
training and resources
to provide workshops, knowledge resources and events to build capacity to carry out editorial work competently.
to provide assessment tasks and practical activities to enhance the application of technical skill in editing, writing and business management.
to provide guidance in best practices that advance the standards of editorial excellence and professionalism in the publishing industry.
Benefits of Joining SBMEN
- Belong to a strong community of professional book and magazine editors to learn, share knowledge, network and collaborate;
- Receive training and mentorship to increase your competence and professionalism from accomplished professionals;
- Enjoy discounted registration rates on training and networking events;
- Attend networking sessions and find opportunities;
- Gain access to a retinue of quality resources for continuous professional development and an exclusive newsletter;
- Benefit from our growing job-listing directory and work with clients on projects;
- Get recognition and recommendations from reputed book and magazine companies.